Department of Paediatrics and Child Health
Dr Andrew Redfern
Dr Andrew Redfern is a general paediatrician and developmental sub-specialist. He currently works in the Paediatric Emergency and Ambulatory department at Tygerberg Children's Hospital, and his main area of interest is all things Paediatric Emergency Medicine. He serves on the Paediatric Emergency Care South Africa special interest group of EMSSA and the South Africa Paediatric Association executive. He really enjoys teaching, is active on twitter for the #FOAMED (@PaedCapeTown), and is consistently curious about how to be a better leader.
- U Rasdien, A Redfern, C Springer. Comparing the demographic and diagnostic profile of new patients attending a neurodevelopmental clinic in 2008/9 and 2016. SAJCH – accepted for publication August 2018
- A Redfern, A Westwood, KA Donald. Children with disabling chronic conditions in the Western health sub-district of Cape Town: Estimating numbers and gaps. SAMJ March 2016 Vol 106 No.3
- A review of the utility of neuroimaging in paediatric cerebral palsy patients within a resource poor setting. Presented as poster at European Paediatric Neurology Congress, Croatia, May 2011.
- Diagnosis of malnutrition at a secondary level hospital in the western cape. An audit of malnutrition diagnosis using different classification systems, Somerset Hospital, March 2009. Presented as poster at International Paediatric Association Congress of Paediatrics, Johannesburg, SA; August 2010
- Book Review: Coovadia's Paediatrics & Child Health. A manual for Health Professionals in developing countries 6th edition; SAJCH 2010 Vol 4 No 1
- Life-threatening infantile haemangioma: a dramatic response to propranolol. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2009 Dec;23(12):1465-6