Selected recent publications:
- Hattingh, JP. 2013. Whose climate, which ethics? On the foundations of climate change law. In Climate Change: International Law and Global Governance, Volume II: Policy, Diplomacy and Governance in a Changing Environment. Edited by Prof. Dr. Oliver C. Ruppel, Prof. Dr. Christian Roschmann and Dr. Katharina RuppelSchlichting. Baden-Baden: Nomos.
- Hattingh, JP. 2012. Environmental ethics and climate change? Proceedings of the Global Conference on Ethics in Science and Technology, organized by the Department of Philosophy of the University of Santo Tomas in Manila, Philippines, 20-22 October 2011. Published in Philippiniana Sacra, Vol. XLVII, Nr. 140, Special Issue, 2012, pp. 315 – 332.
- Hattingh, JP. 2012. Towards an ethics of hope? In: Sustainable Stellenbosch: Opening Dialogues. Edited by Mark Swilling, Ben Sebitosi and Ruenda Loots. Stellenbosch: African Sun Media.
- Hattingh, JP. 2012. Humanities and Healing from Perspectives in and around Environmental Ethics. Proceedings of the 2nd World Humanities Forum. Busan, Republic of Korea, 1-3 November 2012, pp. 205 – 221.
- Hattingh, JP. 2011. Conceptual clarity, scientific rigour and 'the stories we are': engaging with two challenges to the objectivity of invasion biology. In: Fifty Years of Invasion Ecology: The Legacy of Charles Elton. Edited by D.M. Richardson. Wiley-Blackwell, Oxford.
- Hattingh, JP. 2011. Towards a shared ethics of global climate change. Current Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Vol. 24, No. 2, 91- 96. [This article won the prize for the best article in the journal in 2011.]
- Hattingh, JP. 2011. Climate change, culture, peace and human dignity. Asian-Arab Philosophical Dialogues on Culture of Peace And Human Dignity. Editor: Darryl R. J. Macer. Proceedings of the Third Asian-Arab Philosophical Dialogues organized by UNESCO, Port Dickson, Malaysia, 14-17 May 2010. Bangkok, Thailand: UNESCO Bangkok, pp. 188-193.