NUMBERS FOR STELLENBOSCH CAMPUS
|All Enquiries / Client Services||021 808 9111|
|Academic Affairs Council (AAC)||021 808 2493/2491|
|Admissions||021 808 9111|
|Bursaries and Loans ||021 808 9111|
|Campus Health Services ||021 808 3494/3496|
|Cape Institute for Agricultural Training: Elsenburg ||021 808 5453|
|Centre for Student Communities (CSC)||021 808 2848|
|Centre for Student Counselling and Development (CSCD) ||021 808 4707|
|Centre for Student Leadership and Structures (CSLS)||021 808 2312|
|Centre for Student Recruitment and Career Advice (CSRC)||021 808 4709|
|Centre for Student Recruitment (CSR) ||021 808 4709|
|Communication and Liaison ||021 808 4977|
|Facilities Management||021 808 4666|
|Language Centre ||021 808 2167|
|Library Enquiries ||021 808 2486|
|MAD² Office||021 808 3632|
|Maties Sport||021 808 4941/4642|
|Ombudsman ||082 807 2994|
|Prim Committee||021 808 2493/2491|
|Risk Management and Campus Security||021 8084666|
|Social worker||021808 4994|
|Societies Council||021 808 2493/2491|
|Student Affairs||021 808 4585|
|Student Fees ||021 808 9111|
Stellenbosch Student Representative Council (SRC) ||021 808 2493/2491|
|SU Gymnasium ||021 808 4428|
|Tygerberg campus (switch board) ||021 938 9111|
|Tygerberg Student Council (TSC) ||021 938 9591|
Save these numbers on your phone
|CSCD 24-Hour Crisis Service||082 557 0880|
|Student Structures and Communities||021 808 2848|
|Risk Management and Campus Security:|| |
| · Ops Room for general enquiries and the reporting of risks||
021 808 4666 |
| · 24-hour Emergency Line for the reporting of serious incidents and danger||
021 808 2333|
|The Ombudsman||082 807 2994|
|Police Flying Squad||10111|
|Ambulance ||084 124 (ER24)|
082 911 (Netcare)
|Medi-Clinic 24-hour emergency unit||021 886 9999|
Contact details if you need support
Stellenbosch University (SU) strives to provide an inclusive, welcoming home to all. Students are encouraged to respect and appreciate each other. Everyone is entitled to be treated with dignity, irrespective of skin colour, gender, faith or sexual orientation.
Should there be any violation of human rights or human dignity, or any irregularity whatsoever – in fact, anything that makes you uncomfortable – please report it so that it can be sorted out as soon as possible. We will do our utmost to ensure that your student experience is a positive and enriching one, in a nurturing environment.
You can find assistance at various places:
- SU's Student Affairs Division is the overall coordinating body for student support. Drop in at 15A Bosman St, Stellenbosch, call 021 808 9111 or send email to email@example.com.
- The structures in your immediate environment is always a good place to start. In your residence or private student organisation (PSO) ward or cluster, feel free to speak to the Head or Prim, or any of the House Committee members or mentors.
- Next up, is the Centre for Student Structures and Communities (SSC). Phone them on 021 808 2848. During the welcoming period, this number is active 24 hours a day.
- The Centre for Student Counselling and Development (CSCD) can be approached with student wellness or psychological matters. Visit www.sun.ac.za/cscd or call 021 808 4707 (Stellenbosch) or 021 938 9590 (Tygerberg).
- If you need help in an emergency, call CSCD's 24-hour crisis line 082 557 0880.
- SU's Social Worker: 021 808 4994
- HIV/Aids Helpline: 0800 012 322
- For safety and security issues, contact Campus Security (www.sun.ac.za/safety):
- Stellenbosch campus emergencies: 021 808 2333
- Stellenbosch campus enquiries / reporting / safety escort: 021 808 4666
- Tygerberg campus emergencies: 021 938 9507
- WhatsApp: 082 808 2333
- To see a doctor or nurse, contact the Campus Health Service (www.sun.ac.za/campushealth):
- Stellenbosch: 021 808 3494/6
- Tygerberg: 021 928 9590
- For all issues relating to your academics (e.g. complaints, language issues, timetable or test clashes, plagiarism, or problems with lecturers, mentors or tutors), contact the Academic Affairs Council. Find them at www.facebook.com/abrstellenbosch?fref=ts
- For language and writing assistance, contact the University's Language Centre. Visit http://www0.sun.ac.za/languagecentre for more information, or call 021 808 2167
- The Students' Representative Council (SRC) is elected democratically each year. They are there to look after your interests. Visit their offices on the 2nd floor of the Neelsie Student Centre, or call them on 021 808 2491/3.
- Queries related to admissions and student finances (including bursaries and loans) can be channelled via SU's Client Services Centre: Tel 021 808 9111, Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SU's new Equality Unit promotes social justice. Drop in at 39 Victoria St, Stellenbosch, or send an email to email@example.com to report discrimination, harassment, sexual harassment or victimisation.
- SU subscribes to an ethics hotline for the anonymous reporting of irregularities. It is managed independently by Deloitte (www.tip-offs.com), tel 0800-204-549, Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If all other avenues have been exhausted, the Ombudsman, Adv Rina Meyer, is the final port of call for students, parents or staff with serious problems or complaints. She acts totally independently of the University. Contact her on email@example.com or 082 807 2994, or visit www.sun.ac.za/ombudsman for more information.