From: Kleingbiel, Lizel [email@example.com] <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Monday, 08 July 2019 15:08
Subject: Calls: Horizon 2020 - how to find research funding
Horizon 2020 is the biggest EU Research and Innovation programme ever with nearly €80 billion of funding available over 7 years (2014 to 2020).
It offers a very wide variety of research and innovation funding opportunities which are narrowed down through several filters: from the wider thematic areas, to defined calls, and finally to particular topics.
Topics are categorised according to different ‘types of actions’ (funding structures).
Calls appear at different stages throughout the year, all with different budgets.
HOW TO FIND A CALL & TOPIC:
2. Go to: “Search funding & tenders” (https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/portal/screen/opportunities/topic-search)
3. Type in your keywords, e.g. Science Communication (click grants, untick closed): current call(s) appear to the right of the screen (see print screen below), OR
4. Go to “Filter by programme”: H2020, then “Filter by programme part” using the drop down lists, e.g. Science with and for Society
5. Click on a particular call, then click on “see all topics” (if there are currently more than one topic) and view topic details
· A H2020 call usually houses several topics
· Topics are categorised by different types of actions, e.g. Research Innovation Action (RIA)
· Once you have identified an interesting call and selected a specific topic, as a starting point in your search, look out for the following types of actions: Research Innovation Actions (RIA), Innovation Actions (IA), or Coordination and Support Actions (CSA) – these are the types that SU is most successful in.
For more information on H2020 calls, topics and types of actions, please contact me.
Koördineerder: EU & ander internasionale geleenthede vir navorsingsbefondsing
Coordinator: EU & other international research funding opportunities
Afdeling Navorsingsontwikkeling/Division for Research Development
e: email@example.com | t: +27 21 808 2105 | a: 2038 Wilcocks Building, Ryneveld Street