TAKE NOTE OF THE CLOSING DATES
Applications open on 1 March and close on the following dates:
31 May: Applications close for the programme MB,ChB in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences.
30 June: Applications close for all other undergraduate programmes.
30 June: Residence applications close.
31 August: Applications close for Stellenbosch University financial assistance.
31 October: Applications close for Diploma in Public Accountability (Telematic Education).
30 November: Applications for NSFAS bursaries close.
Please note that no late applications will be considered.
SELECT YOUR PROGRAMME
- For Stellenbosch University you may indicate three programmes, because there are programmes with extensive selection processes and if you are not accepted to your first choice, you may still be accepted to your second or third choice.
- However, you can only be admitted to one programme at a time. If you are initially admitted to your second choice, and you are then admitted to your first choice, admission to your second choice will lapse. If you would rather continue with your second (or third) choice, you must let us know by the end of September at email@example.com. The offer you decline will expire.
- All our programmes have selection criteria, but the following programmes all have extensive selection processes: All programmes in the faculties of Medicine and Health Sciences, Engineering and Law; BA (Visual Arts); BA (Drama); BA (Music); BMus; BA (Sport Science); BSc (Sport Science); BEd (GenEd); BCom (Actuarial Science); and BCom (International Business).If your first programme choice is one of the abovementioned programmes, we recommend a second choice.
- If both your first and second choices are from the list of selection programmes above, we recommend that you indicate a third choice which is not from the list.
- Certain programmes such as BA, BSc, BCom or BEng have various fields of study. For example, in BA you can choose, amongst other, BA (Social Dynamics), BA (Law) or BA (Language and Culture). You must indicate the programme, as well as the field of study. If you do not indicate both the programme and the field of study, your application is incomplete.
- If you want to change your programme choice, send an email containing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember that, after the closing date, you can be considered only if there are places available in the programme.
- To help you place your programme choice in the correct order, bear in mind the following:
|Medicine and Health Sciences, and Education||These faculties will consider your programme choice only if it is indicated as your first choice.|
|Law programmes||Selection for the programmes BA (Law), BCom (Law) or BAccLLB will be considered only as your first programme choice. The undergraduate, four-year LLB programme will be considered if indicated as a first or a second choice on your application.|
|Arts and Social Sciences||The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences will consider only first and second choices. Third choices will only be considered if the first and second choices are from the list of selection programmes above. You will only be considered for BA (Sport Science) if it is your first or second choice.|
|Economic and Management Sciences (EMS)||This faculty will consider first, second or third programme choices. If you have more than one EMS programme on your list, EMS will consider them in your order of preference. This does not include BCom (International Business), BCom (Actuarial Science) BAccLLB and BCom (Law). For these programmes, your application will be considered only as a first choice.|
|AgriSciences||This faculty will consider your application for one of their programmes as a first, second or third choice, with the exception of BSc Food Science (or any programme with Food as a subject) as well as BScAgric (Animal Science). For these programmes, your application will be considered only as a first or second choice.|
|Science, Engineering, and Theology|
These faculties will consider your application for one of their programmes as a first, second or third choice.
- The programmes in Biological Sciences will, however, not be considered as a third choice.
- You may apply for more than one BEng programme, e.g. BEng (Civil) as first choice and BEng (Industrial) as second, since their selection criteria may differ.