ADMISSION AND SELECTION REQUIREMENTS
Also note Stellenbosch University has a brand new Admissions Policy. Please familiarise yourself with the content.
To study at Stellenbosch University you are required to:
- South African school system: Have obtained a National Senior Certificate (NSC) as certified by Umalusi with admission to Bachelor's degree studies, which means that you must obtain a mark of at least 50% in each of four school subjects from the list of university admission subjects: Accounting, Agricultural Sciences, Business Studies, Consumer Studies, Dramatic Arts, Economics, Engineering Graphics and Design, Geography, History, Information Technology, Languages (one language of learning and teaching at a higher education institution and two other recognised language subjects), Life Sciences, Mathematics, Mathematical Literacy, Music, Physical Sciences, Religion Studies and Visual Arts
- International school system: Final school results from International Curriculum (Cambridge International, International Baccalaureate, etc.), including School of Tomorrow. Click here for the minimum requirements for international curriculums. (A-levels, AS-levels, IB diploma and GCSE/IGCSE/O-levels)
- Have written the National Benchmark Tests (NBTs). Please note that when you apply for a programme in the faculty of Law and of Medicine and Health Sciences, the NBT's need to be written before 30 June if you want to be considered for selection.
- Also meet further requirements specific to the programme(s) of your choice as set out in the programme outlines under the various faculties
Click here to download the Minimum Admission Requirements for 2018-intake
FACULTY SELECTION GUIDELINES*
Large numbers of prospective students apply for our programmes. Unfortunately we can accept only a limited number of students. Even though you may meet the admission requirements of a programme, you are not guaranteed admission to the programme of your choice.
Arts and Social Sciences
Economic and Management Sciences
Medicine and Health Sciences
- Speech-Language and Hearing Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
*2019 Undergraduate Programmes Selection Guidelines will be available to view and download before the end of March.
For further inquiries, please contact our Client Service Centre
Tel.: 021 808 9111