The CSR runs an intentional intervention, Careers@Maties, in a number of targeted schools to impact the choices made by prospective students with regards to programme of study.
Career assessment with feedback sessions
(learner and parents)
Bergrivier Secondary School
Klein Nederburg Secondary School
New Orleans Secondary School
Noorder Paarl High Schools
Paulus Joubert Secondary School
Schoonspruit Secondary School
Interesting observations and findings:
- Most of the learners assessed at Schoonspruit Secondary School showed high potential.
- Noorder Paarl High School and Paulus Joubert Secondary School's learners did not all presented high academic abilities (according to the aptitude test results). The SciMathUS programme were recommended.
- Time management and reading skills lacked.
- Reading in general and extra classes in maths, sciences and accounting was recommended.
- Financial assistance was an issue presented by parents from these schools.