Recruitment objectives met:
- Exposing learners to excellence in higher education.
- Informing prospective students of the application process and deadlines.
- Positioning SU as an institution of choice in the higher education space.
- Unlocking learner potential through immersive and experiential engagements.
Activities: Attraction phase (first engagement – SUSPECT)
A targeted Facebook and Instagram campaign (age: 16-18; provinces: Western Cape, Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal, Eastern Cape) ran for the month prior to the Open Day.
The Open Day live streaming video also did very well with an average of 685 views per video. The hashtag for the Open Day was #SUOpenDay: it reached 9 092 accounts with a total of 12 946 impressions. The hashtag #IamSU reached 16 385 accounts with a total of 44 098 impressions.From 1 April onwards, we will be partnering with the Corporate Communication Division to have shared social media channels, which means that our followers on the Future Maties platforms will be carried over to the Stellenbosch University platforms.
- Impressions (the number of times a post from your page is displayed): 80 259
- People reached: 47 434
- Engagements (post clicks, likes, shares and comments): 978
- Female: 63% | Male: 37%
- Platforms: Facebook (Mobile): 91% | Facebook (Desktop): 2% | Instagram (Mobile): 7%