IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
To register with a study visa for Stellenbosch University.
- The candidate will need a letter from the Stellenbosch University
International (SU International) in order to apply for a study visa at the SA High Commission or Embassy in their country of origin.
- Fees for full degree seeking international students are charged as follows: tuition fees as payable by a South African citizen + International Registration Fee (SADC citizen or non-SADC citizen) + Service Fee (e.g. internet, class notes, etc.). Fees are payable in full prior to registration.
- Fees for non degree seeking students varies according to the student status of the applicant. For more information visit: http://www0.sun.ac.za/international/prospective-students/non-degree-seeking--short-term-students-1.html.
- Students will need to submit the following documents at registration: a valid passport, a valid study visa, proof of medical insurance for the academic year and proof of payment of fees
To register as a citizen of another country but with permanent residence in South Africa.
- Permanent residence in South Africa entitles the holder to rights similar to that of South African citizens with a few exceptions. Permanent residents pay university fees as payable by a South African.
- At registration, students will be required to submit: a valid passport with a South African permanent residence permit/stamp therein.
To register as a South African citizen, provided he/she does not have a study visa in his/her other passport.
- Candidates should bear in mind that some countries do not allow dual citizenship and that South Africa does not allow dual citizenship with countries who do not allow it. Therefore, to register as a South African citizen, students will be required to submit: South African passport or South African identity document.
Please note that students must submit the correct documentation at registration, i.e. either a permanent residence permit/stamp in their passport OR a valid study visa for Stellenbosch University. A student who fails to submit one of the above will not be able to register.
- You will also have to provide proof of medical cover recognised in SA from a provider that is registered with the SA Council for Medical Schemes in terms of the Medical Schemes Act, 1998. Get more information here.
All enquiries may be directed to the Stellenbosch University International (SU International), Wilcocks Building, cnr. Ryneveld and Victoria Streets (entrance in Victoria Street). Office Hours for students are daily: 10:00 - 13:00 and 14:00 - 15:00 (closed on Wednesdays).
Minimum Requirements: International Curriculums
- General Inquiries: +27 (0)21 -808 2565 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carmelita Talmarkes: Full degree seeking, Undergraduate Admissions +27 (0)21 -808 2910 | email@example.com
- Cindi de Doncker: Full degree seeking, Postgraduate Admissions +27 (0)21 -808 2566 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hanna Kotze: Non degree seeking, Semester Study Abroad Admissions and/or Non degree seeking, Affiliate Researcher student admissions +27 (0)21 -808 9023 | email@example.com
- Bantu Louw: Non degree seeking, Semester Incoming Exchange Admissions +27 (0)21 -808 9527 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carmien Snyman: Finances +27 (0)21 - 808 3078 | email@example.com
- Linda Uys: Visas +27 (0)21 -808 4628 | firstname.lastname@example.org