How does the Electronic Student Feedback System work?
The Student Feedback System is available through an electronic platform. It is designed to make it accessible to students. The system is integrated with SUNLearn with access to students and the Student Feedback Office.
The Student Feedback Personnel are administrators of the system and handle activation requests from lecturers or departments.
Timing is important: Schedule the survey well in advance to allow sufficient time for students to respond. Experience has shown that the response rates of surveys that open only once classes have ended are considerably lower than those taken before the end of a module. Ideally, students should have the opportunity to raise their needs and concerns before classes come to an end. It is important to discuss such issues with them and to demonstrate that lecturers value their feedback and respond to it.
Process for activating questionnaire on Student feedback system
Step 2: Access for students to the system and questionnaires
- Students will receive an email from the system with a link to the questionnaire.
- Click on the link and log in using your SU username and password.
- Complete the questionnaire.
Step 3: Data Administration
- Once a questionnaire has been activated, the relevant lecturer will be notified via email.
- Regular notifications will be sent to students for the period for which a questionnaire is available.
- After the questionnaire has closed, the student feedback office will extract the data from the system and generate a report. All reports will be sent from Sharepoint to the following persons:
Individual Lecturers➜ Each lecturer will receive a report separately.
Heads of Department ➜ A file was created on Sharepoint, which stores all feedback reports per department. Only the Head of Department will receive access to the relevant department's file.
Faculty Deans ➜ A file is created on Sharepoint for each faculty in which all feedback reports are stored. Only the Dean will have access to all feedback reports.