Instrumentation is available for high resolution imaging and identification of chemical signatures by SE/CL/BSD and EDS/WDS on a single specimen by Electron Microscopy.
The available instruments can dynamically image partially wet, hydrated samples, with various detectors that can generate sharp images, analytical working distance can be variable from 2.0 to 20 mm without compromising any other functionality, 5-axis motorized stage can be fully tilted for imaging large samples with very uneven surface.
The unit is equipped with a ZEISS EVO MA15VP SEM, LEO 1450VP SEM and Zeiss MERLIN SEM . The systems are equipped with following detectors for diverse applications:
- Secondary Electron Detector (SED)
- Variable Pressure Secondary Electron Detector (VPSED)
- Backscattered Electron Detector (BSD)
- Scanning Transmission Electron Detector (STEM)
- Energy Dispersive X-ray Spectrometer (EDS or EDX)
- Cathodoluminescence detector
- Wave Dispersive X-ray Spectrometer (WDS) for more quantitative, in-situ elemental analysis.