Professor: Environmental Management/ Programme Head
Prof Martin De Wit
Tel: 021 808 4273
Fax: 021 808 2085
Administrator: MPhil & PhD in Environmental Management
Ms Jennifer Saunders
Tel: 021 918 2151
Fax: 021 808 2085
COMPOSITION OF THE MPHIL ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT PROGRAMME
Full Research Programme (100% thesis) (one year)
• Research Methodology Course (5 days) plus
• Research component: 180 credits (Integrated thesis written in accordance with the requirements of the University and the Supervisor (± 40 000 words [± 120 pages])
All students (no matter what prior qualifications they may have at any level or with any other institution) are required to complete the PGD before starting the MPhil. Under no circumstances will any student be allowed direct entry into the MPhil without having completed the PGD. No other degree will be recognised as an entry requirement to the MPhil
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 31 OCTOBER OF THE YEAR PRIOR FOR WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING
Preference will be given to students who obtained 65% or higher for eat of their respective modules in the BPHIL/PGD programme.
The application process is twofold, namely:
All applicants must submit an electronic copy of a 1000 word research concept note to the Programme Administrator by 15 January of the year of study.
2. Stellenbosch University application
Students who had obtained their PGD may apply online:
Necessary information: Faculty: Economic and Management Science
Department: School of Public Leadership
Programme: MPhil Environmental Management
PLEASE NOTE: Students who are conditionally accepted for the MPHIL studies are required to attend a 5 day Research Methodology Workshop and a Proposal Writing Workshop.
Attendance is compulsory for all of these events.
CONTACT THE CORRECT DIVISION FOR ENQUIRIES RELATING TO THE APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
- Enquiries relating to the online university application: University call centre, tel. +27 21 808 9111; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enquiries relating to your PGD departmental application: JJSaunders (Programme Administrator), tel. +27 21 8082151; email@example.com
- Enquiries relating to funding, visas, language proficiency, etc. Postgraduate & International Office, tel +27 21 8082565; www.sun.ac.za/international; firstname.lastname@example.org