Please note: Stellenbosch University’s International Office has decided to adhere to a policy of referring applicants to SAQA, the South African Qualifications Authority, when there is doubt about the level of their qualifications. All the documentation required to submit an application for evaluation to SAQA is available on the website www.saqa.org.za. The university reserves the right to request such SAQA accreditation.
- Copies of original qualifications are mostly acceptable. However, the copies must be completely legible and certified, preferably by a diplomatic office representing the country of origin of the qualification holder. Copies will be retained for record purposes. The originals are to be submitted at the summer school at the beginning of the course.
- If the final certificates are not available, an official statement (issued by the awarding body) must confirm completion of the particular qualification, as well as the prospective date of the award.
- Certificates in foreign languages must be accompanied by sworn translations into English. Both the document in the original language and the translation must be provided.
- Complete and legible academic records/transcripts/subject lists are needed for all higher qualifications. Postgraduate or other advanced qualifications must be accompanied by preceding qualifications.
- The application fee of R100 is not required for international applications.
- International students is obliged to pay 50% of the tuition fee at registration.