STUDENT ACCOUNT: USE OF INTERNET AS FROM 11 DECEMBER 2017
- Please take note that the option to post a quota on student accounts for the use of the internet will be closed for the year on 11 December 2017 for those students who have not yet reached the annual limit of R1 200.
- This does not affect students whose internet usage is funded by a departmental cost centre.
- Students will be able to use the intranet without charge at all times when logging on on campus with a university network sign on.
- After the closure of the option to post an internet quota to the account from 11 December 2017, the relevant group of students' payment option for internet usage will automatically be converted to “pay as you go" (PAYGO), and posting to student fees accounts will therefore no longer be possible for the period of time starting 11 December 2017 until the date of registration in 2018.
PROCESS FOR PAYMENT OF INTERNET USAGE FOR THE PERIOD FROM CONVERSION TO PAYGO ON 11 DECEMBER 2017 UNTIL THE DATE OF REGISTRATION IN 2018:
After the conversion of the payment option to PAYGO, internet usage can be paid by using one of the following methods:
1. Payment at the Cashiers:
Stellenbosch campus: Admin A, Mondays – Fridays, 08:00 – 15:30
Tygerberg campus: Clinical Building, 1st Floor, Mondays – Fridays, 08:00 – 15:30
USB campus: Main Building, Carl Cronjé Drive, Bellville, Mondays – Fridays, 08:30 – 12:45 and 13:45 – 15:30
2. Credit card payment via MY.SUN, provided that it is attempted from an alternative network, independent of the SU server, e. g. from a cell phone.
All students, including postgraduate students, use the MY.SUN web page for Undergraduate students:
- At web page http://www.sun.ac.za/english , select “Students"
- Select MY.SUN
- Select “Undergraduate"
- Select “Finances"
- Select “Credit Card payments"
- A screen verifying the user's credentials appears; log on with your unique sign on and password.
- Follow the steps as requested: indicate the amount you would like to pay for PAYGO internet usage; also, that it is in aid of Internet usage, and follow the rest of the steps as requested.
These two PAYGO payment options are valid until registration by the student in 2018, but can also become the preferred option of payment after registration for the rest of the year.
PROCESS FOR PAYMENT OF INTERNET USAGE AFTER THE DATE OF REGISTRATION IN 2018:
From the date of registration in 2018, credits for internet fees can, apart from keeping up the PAYGO option, again be loaded by means of a quota (similar to the process used for printing credits), and posted to the student fees account.
All registered students who are allowed to have fees for internet usage posted to their student fees accounts, load a quota as follows:
- Select Load Internet Money from Student Account
- Load an internet quota in an available quota amount, e. g. R100, R200, R400, etc.
NB: In 2018, the limit of R1200 per year will still apply regarding maximum fees for internet usage per quota to be posted to the student fees account. Once the limit is reached, payment will only be possible by PAYGO, and one of the payment options as explained under points 1. and 2. above will then have to be used.
- An amount for internet usage will be posted to the student fees account in accordance with the amount in quota that was requested.
- When the quota is depleted, it can be replenished, subject to the limit above.
Exception to the payment of fees for internet usage per quota at Useradm:
The following programmes are marked to enforce payment by PAYGO only; students registered for these programmes in 2018 will still have to pay using either of the processes explained under points 1. and 2. above:
Spec Stud in Arts (AFF)(FS)
Spec Stud in Art (UG)(FS)(EFL)
Spec Student in Sci (AFF)(FS)
Spec Stud in Educ (AFF)(FS)
Spec Stud in Agric (AFF)(FS)
Spec Stud in Law (AFF)(FS)
Spec Stud in Theol (AFF)(BS)
Spec Stud in Comm (AFF)(FS)
Spec Stud in Eng (AFF)(FS)
Spec Student in Health Science (3861001)
Spec Stud in HealthSc (AFF)(FS)
Spec Stud in HealthSc (Cuban)
Spec Stud in Health (AFF)(FS)PG
Spec Stud in Health (PS)
Spec Stud in Health (SA/Int)ES
SECTION: STUDENT FEES