the negotiations between the Unions and Stellenbosch University (SU)
during the course of 2016 regarding insourcing and outsourcing, the
parties agreed to a process of Viable Sourcing. Viable Sourcing is
defined as a system and process whereby the University, in a
transparent manner, taking into account input of various stakeholders,
decides on the optimal vehicle for the provision of essential services
to the University. To this end SU is committed to a process of
Viable Sourcing when an essential services contract is due for renewal
or a requirement for a service arises.
University Campus Security Department (“Campus Security") is commencing
with the Viable Sourcing process for additional professional security
services. As part of the Viable Sourcing process, input is hereby
requested from interest groups or any parties that may potentially be
affected by the sourcing approach. People who would like to comment are
requested to submit written submissions to Riaan Malan, Senior Buyer,
via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or to submit submissions to him at the
Purchasing & Provision Services Building (Merriman Avenue), by 13
October 2017. People that also want to comment in person, must please
indicate this and provide contact details. These submissions will form
part of the evaluation of the viable sourcing.
order to compare viable options a tender will be issued to Security
Companies. As all the services, expertise and knowledge needed are not
available within SU and to comply with statutory regulations, Campus
Security requires assistance.
Campus Security requires security services to assist with the provision of:
numbers of guarding and security officers to meet the fluctuating
levels of security services required to support the changing nature of
the academic year's needs such as exams, events and functions, projects
and risk profile.
- Expertise and experience in security
requirements such as CCTV systems and control rooms, remote monitoring,
security reporting software and alarm monitoring
- Capacity, ability, competence and experience to screen, assess and register security staff according to statutory regulations.
- Competence and capacity to provide accredited training and re-training of security officers.
- Locally based armed response services to respond to armed threats when requested.
consulting advisory services, safety and security risk assessments at
large events, security technology technical guidance, provision of
technology such as radios, cell phones and panic buttons, and general
support of all security services with qualified and registered security
staff at the Stellenbosch, Tygerberg and Bellville park campuses of the
The proposals will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Experience in multi-year similar size security contracts to clients similar in scope as SU.
- Proven capacity to accommodate cyclical and varying security service's needs.
- Good standing with the security regulating authorities
- Proven experience with advisory services and risk assessments
- Sustainability of solution
- References from 5 current clients
- BBBEE rating
- Proven human dignity protocols and practices regarding human resource management
- Comprehensive documentation submitted