This online short course, presented by the Communication Lab of the Language Centre, offers a top-level introduction to the concept of the sales (or buyer) funnel, and the role that the various digital marketing channels can play in that process.
The practical and interactive approach will equip small-to-medium business owners with the skills to effectively communicate using the various digital marketing channels available. In this course you will:
· understand how important language usage is for connecting to your target audience;
· map out a customer journey for a key target audience in your specific business;
· turn your customer journey into a sales funnel and be taken through a structured framework;
· learn which channels are relevant to get visibility online;
· learn how to get prospective customers to interact with your company, brand or product;
· learn how to convert your online audience into paying customers;
· learn how important digital marketing channels are for developing an ongoing customer relationship; and
· get a better understanding of what metrics to track and monitor to help guide your plans.
You will leave with a framework for your digital communication strategy that you can flesh out in detail for your business.
A certificate of attendance will be awarded to all participants.
Who is the presenter?
Michelle Dobson, owner of MD Marketing Solutions, is a freelance marketer with over 20 years' experience in marketing, strategy and branding. Read more about her here: https://bit.ly/31Ee4oM
Who should attend and what are the career benefits?
The course is suited to newcomers to digital marketing as well as traditional marketers who want to focus on developing more effective online communication skills.
To ensure optimal learning, we limit the number of participants. The live sessions are complemented by online learning, and all aspects of the course are assessed.
You will need a computer that can run our online learning platform (MS Teams or SUNOnline) and you need access to a stable internet connection to connect to the live sessions. You should also be able to create electronic documents.
When and how will this short course take place?
This is an online course presented over 5 weeks with live sessions scheduled on specific dates and times. You will spend your time as follows:
· 1 live session per week of 1,5 hours each
· 3 hours per week of self-paced reading and tasks or quizzes
· 3 hours per week to complete activities and assignments
The live-session dates are as follows:
- 20, 29 October, and 3, 10 and 17 November, from 09:00 to 10:30
Contact Michelle Pieters at email@example.com or 021 808 2812 for more details.
You could also discuss your specific short-course and development needs with us. Enquire about our available short courses, course dates and options for tailor-making a course.