What is the focus of this course?
By producing high-quality written communication, you automatically contribute to your business's professional image. This course helps participants to become more effective communicators. With us, you will improve your ability to communicate clearly and confidently.
· You will gain the skills and confidence to communicate purposefully and effectively in English.
· You will be guided to write a range of clear, concise and professional texts.
· Together we will explore language use, tone and formality, sentence construction, clarity of purpose, audience needs and the writing process.
A certificate of competence will be awarded following the successful completion of this course.
Who should attend and what are the career benefits?
This entry-level course is aimed at people who do not speak English as a first language, but who function in a working environment where English is used. If your job requires you to do some writing every day and if language was not the main focus in your studies, then this course is for you.
To ensure optimal learning, we limit the number of participants. The live sessions are complemented by online learning, and all aspects of the course are assessed.
You will need a computer that can run our online learning platform (MS Teams or SUNOnline) and you need access to a stable internet connection to connect to the live sessions. You should also be able to create electronic documents.
When and how will this short course take place?
This is an online course presented over 2 weeks with live sessions scheduled on specific dates and times. You will spend your time as follows:
· 1 live session per week of 1,5 hours each
· 3 hours per week of self-paced reading and tasks or quizzes
· 3 hours per week to complete activities and assignments
The live-session dates are as follows:
Contact Michelle Pieters at email@example.com or 021 808 2812 for more details.
You could also discuss your specific short-course and development needs with us. Enquire about our available short courses, course dates and options for tailor-making a course.