You are cordially invited to the annual Social Impact Symposium. The purpose of the symposium is to: reflect on the progress of the implementation of Social Impact (SI) as a strategic priority of Stellenbosch University through best practice examples of current initiatives that will inspire the take up of SI opportunities and ignite enthusiasm to excel, participate and impact collaboratively on society; and to interrogate, discuss and address institutional matters that are impacting on the successful implementation of SI.
The symposium aims to:
- Profile, present and document best practice examples of successful initiative in the SI paradigm
- Celebrate SI as an emerging practice through sharing, learning and networking
- Encourage and stimulate discussions amongst all internal stakeholders of SI
- Creating a better understanding of how the Social Impact Strategic Plan guides the implementation of SI
- Inform the functions of the Responsibility Centre: Social Impact, Transformation and Personnel, Social Impact Committee of Senate and the Division for Social Impact
Date: 20 September 2017
Venue: Devonvale Golf Estate, Stellenbosch
RSVP: Howard Gordon firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 15 September 2017.